Dominican Ramblings

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Blogpost #2

Well, for my newest blog I created a Librarian Trading Card. It took me a long time to do so, as I felt compelled to come up with a schtick. Somebody had already taken the Punk Rock Librarian identity, and I was NOT going to use the "Soccer Mom Librarian" that Rebecca suggested. When in New Orleans at the ALA Conference, I uncovered my heretofore unknown forensic talents in trying to decipher why there were screws sticking up from the sidewalks. (One of my friends tripped over one and broke her arm!) By denoting the location and frequency of the objects and finally determining the shape of the dirt marks surrounding the screws, I deduced that the screws had once secured the garbage cans to the sidewalks. They had blown away in the hurricane. Anyway, it is a roundabout way of introducing my new title, but at least it's a little more interesting than "Soccer Mom Librarian."

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Great card, I like the "CSI Librarian" Very cool!

9:12 AM  
Blogger christopherf said...

Cool trading card you got here! I could definitely see the relationship between forensics and library sciences!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home